So I haven't blogged in a while which is weird because believe me...I've had plenty of time! Yep, you guessed it...I still don't have a job! I've had 1 interview and have 1 more tomorrow. They are just for retail jobs though...gotta love employee discounts!!!
I've been trying to start "country living" by looking for home stuff at thrift shops, antique shops, and tag sales. Garage sales out here are called tag sales and when you are surrounded by rich people...its hard to go wrong. I got these awesome jars last weekend.

Yep...definately a picture of Joseph Smith that I got for $1 from a lady wearing a tube top and smoking a cigarette! I couldn't believe it! I didn't have the guts to ask her why she had it though.

The Kitchen.

My lovely At Home America letters.

I love the window over the sink!

So much counter space compared to the Lake St. apartment!

The $50 craig's list couch!

Oh yes, the infamous spiral staircase in the middle of the living room!

This is us trying to make the best of it. I think we did a pretty good job.

The Ikea table that Mike put together...and I so quickly filled with stuff :)

The table runner I made in honor of my 2nd favorite holiday.

This is my new bike! Her name is Daisy Buchanan...again, I do this mostly to make Mike crazy :) Mike got a new bike too but some how bent the gear so its in the shop.
9 comments:
Wow! Where did you get those fabulous At Home letters? Seriously though, cute apartment, cute stuff and great finds! Too bad I wasn't with you on that picture, I totally would have asked and gotten the story.
I love it! You did an amazing job! And it looks like the tag sales are amazing. So I guess I need to come shopping with you. Good job on the table runner. I haven't sewn in a long time, but Amy and I are going to make witches costumes for the girls. It should turn out cute! Any whoo!
Love ya Darlings!
Nice bike! Is your new town good for biking?
Really cute place - I can't believe you got your couch for $50 - what a steal! Love the glass jars too...I want to come shopping at your "tag sales"!
How cute! I love your bike, and the name! That Joseph Smith picture is beautiful! Please tell me the lady with the tube top and cigarette also had a mullet, it would make my day!
oh you know she had one :)
Darling apartment! I haven't been on your blog for awhile and it was fun to hear all you've been doing! Gotta love that staircase! Love the car, too!
Nice Jen! Can I come to a tag sale? Talk about some sweet deals in your area!! I also love naming bikes! Mine is "Dreamsicle" and Josh rides around on the "Duke".
I bet your bikes pretty proud of her name...it rocks!
Good job on decorating, it looks awesome!
Cute home, Jen!
Post a Comment