Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Tiny Tri

So pretty much all of our friends in West Hartford were hardcore triathletes...except for the Shamo's. In honor of us leaving, Rick agreed to do a tiny triathlon with Mike at Winding Trails in Farmington. It consisted of a 200 yard swim, 5k bike, and 3k run. It was POURING when they did it if you can't tell by the videos. Janae, Wyatt, Owen, and I all had a good time waiting for them in the rain. AND at the end we were all rewarded with Five Guys.


9 comments:

Greg Barnes said...

MIke,
Congrats, an accomplishment that you can be proud of. You look exhausted. Mom is afraid you overextended yourself, but to me you look great!

Rick and Janae said...

Oh we are hardcore for sure. I have been recruiting and next year I think we are going to have quite the group running the tiny tri, you will have to come do it with me. The video is AWESOME!!! I love that I find new little gems everytime I see it.

Anonymous said...

oh this is the greatest! chris and i enjoyed it! good job you guys! love that mike just rocks the no shirt thing the entire time!

Paul and Joni said...

I just watched that video twice. SO awesome. I feel like Paul would have been a great addition to the tiny-tri group. And I agree with Kristin... so glad Mike rocked the shirtless look the entire time! Did Keith do the video?

Joni

Rick and Janae said...

Joni- Is it bad that the last time I watched the video it made me think the same thing about Paul and miss you guys! There were definitely some classic Mike quotes that may need to make the book.

Jen said...

Joni- I made the video. I think Paul would have been the most perfect addition haha! I think Mike is starting to regret the no shirt thing haha

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

There are so many thing that I love about that video!! My favorite is that the first picture of the competition is basically all women!! But really I'm so proud of Mike for doing it. I keep thinking that I need to train for something like a tiny tri!! That seems like something I may be able to accomplish someday. So we also have a couple that we've been hanging out with here in Chubbuck that she did her first triathalon. Crazy people!!

Natalie said...

Ha ha Jen, I know this is so funny that I am responding to you like right after you wrote that comment, but I was on my gmail:) Anyway, I think that some babies just sleep and others don't, but one thing that I think has been so helpful for me, is that I didn't follow the advice of the nurses for either one of my kiddos when it came to feeding them at night. My older sister told me to just let my babies sleep from day one. Don't wake them up at night, if they are hungry they will wake up:) So maybe that will help you guys out some... Both my kids have been amazing sleepers from the beginning:) But just have patience, it wasn't until the 4 week mark that they started sleeping about 8 hours in a row and by six weeks is when they would sleep about 12. I am so excited for you guys! Good luck with everything!

Kimi said...

wow. that is wet-your-pants hilarious! we are so sad that we couldn't be there to witness such a monumental event. thanks for sharing. mike--next year i know you'll be able to beat those two 12 year old girls out of the water. we miss you guys! kim and jake