Okay so I am copying
Janae in order to catch up on my blogging. Here the events that took place in July and August amidst our leaving Connecticut for Washington. I didn't write or post nearly as many pictures as I normally would but I had to get this done! Sorry for details that I left out!
1. These lovely ladies threw Mike and I the best baby shower ever. It was a couples shower so the husbands were invited too! They secretly told everyone to wear pink (because of my "love" of pink) and I miraculously wore orange, the other color in the theme of the shower. I didn't understand why everyone was wearing pink at first but when they told me I loved it! Thanks Brooke and Janae!

2. We went to NYC to say our final goodbye :( It was my favorite trip yet. We pretty much just walked around some of our favorite places, ate at Shake Shack, went to 2 different Magnolia Bakery's for cupcakes, and spent some time in Central Park. We loved living so close to New York. It was really amazing to go there as much as we were able to. Now whenever we watch movies or tv shows set in NY we get sad. We miss it!

3. Mike stopped working 2 weeks before we moved so we were able to do lots of fun things with friends. One of our last nights we went to a Rock Cats game with the Shamos and Daniels. Mike ended up catching a ball and giving it to Wyatt!

4. This is our goodbye BBQ that Dan Benshoff hosted for us. We made the best friends ever in Hartford and we are missing them so much right now! Here are the men: Rick, Mike, Dan, Keith, and Mike.

And the women: Kisti, Me, Janae, Brooke, and Kristin. We are missing Kristen B though!

5. This is the night we said goodbye to our apartment :( We LOVED our Whitman house and we were so sad to leave it. It was so weird leaving it because it was where we pictured having our first baby. Good thing I didn't paint the room like I intended to do!

6. On to Seattle. Mike didn't start work for a week or two after we got out here so we had some time to go exploring. Here's us at a Mariner's game. The funny thing is that they were playing the Red Sox (who I happen to despise)! Grrr.

7. We visited a "beach" in Kirkland and watched the water planes fly over. It was a beautiful day.

8. Our favorite place in Seattle is the Olympic Sculpture Park. Its a little walk way on the Puget Sound with cool art but the best part is the view Cascades. So far we have taken everyone that has come to visit us there. This is us playing around with the camera.

Sunset is our favorite time to go there!

9. One day we went to check the locks and the salmon ladders in Seattle. Issaquah is actual home to the most visited Salmon hatchery in WA but the Seattle one was pretty cool too.

The same day we went to visit Snoqualmie Falls.

10. A week after we moved into our apartment our car got broken into! Mike NEVER leaves the GPS visible but one night he did and this was the present we had the next morning.

11. Dan and Casi came to visit! The only visitors we ever had in CT were Mike's parents, the Christensens and Aaron and Jimmy, who were only there for work. Since living back in the West we've already had both of our parents twice, Dan and Casi, and my friend Colleen...and its only been 2 months! This is us at Kerry Park with an amazing view of the city and Mt. Rainer which is to the right of my head.

12. My mom came to visit the week that Rose arrived and we went to a Seahawks game! It was soooo awesome and our seats were so close. I think most people know that I love sports but the NFL has never really been my thing...after the game my interest has dramatically increased much to my (and Mike's) dismay!


While my mom was here she crocheted this blanket for Rose and taught me how to make hats! It was so quick and easy! I'm afraid I might have forgotten by now though. I can't wait for this hat to actually fit Rosey's head!

Sorry for the quick catch up. There is a lot more that could be said about our leaving CT but my hormones might still be a little high right now to get all of that out. To our friends: we love you guys and thanks for everything! We will never forget the experiences that we had in Hartford and are so grateful for much we learned and grew while living there.
4 comments:
Nice! You even beat me by two! ;) I wonder what this means for Brooke's blog? ;) We sure do miss you guys, I think you should just move back here already.
I agree. Move back to West Hartford and Janae and I will make you more fancy cupcakes! :) I will try to catch up with blog posts from Hawaii next week.
I'm so jealous you got to go to a Seahawks game! I've never been but we watch every game!
love all the pic's! and that i am in 2 of them...ha ha!! that is so awesome that you made that little hat! so cute!! we miss you guys. glad your adjusting well!!
xoxo
Post a Comment