Tuesday, January 20, 2009

ICEMAN '09

Last weekend we competed in the ICEMAN '09 with the Werrett's. Jake and Kim had wanted to do an indoor triathalon in the area but it cost $40 so we decided to do our own at the Jewish Community Center. We each ran and swam 20 mins and raced a 3.3 mile bike loop on a simulator bike.

This is me getting pumped.
This is Mike getting pumped...haha.
We forgot to take pics while we were running and biking so we took one after! Look at those studs!
Me during the swim.
Me, Jake, and Kim. Mike is not a big swimmer so he did a few laps and got out to take some pics.
Jake the Snake.
And the ICEMAN goes to....................JAKE! As the winner, Jake got to lounge on the couch and watch tv while Mike, Kimi, and I made a feast of pancakes, bacon, and eggs. The breakfast was so delicious and well worth the wait (we didn't eat until like 2pm because we started so late). This is us trying to hold up some JCC memorbilia. All we got were some business cards hehe.
Due to the fact that we forgot to invite someone we will be hosting another ICEMAN in the near future. Let us know if you want to participate!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so jealous I love that kind of stuff! I've been training for one for a while, Now I just need to do it. A sprint triathlon that is. fun fun!

Jen said...

Jen-
That is so funny. You've definitely had an effect on Mike!!