Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Easter

We died eggs on Friday night! This is me not wanting to take pictures.
I saw the idea of making glitter eggs in Martha Stewart Living magazine. They were, of course, not as easy as Martha describes them but they were fun to make.

We were a bit interrupted during the eggs because of a smell that was coming from underneath the sink. This is what we discovered....a mouse, that had come out of a whole in the dry wall and drown itself in a vase full of water (not sure how the water got there). How gross is that? Ya, our apartment is awesome. We asked our landlord if we could get out of our lease early and he gave us the run around. LAME! We have plenty of reason to get out of this place early...looks like we will lose the security deposit if we try though. Again, lame.
GO LAKERS!
OOohhh Martha!
The right egg is the Guatemalan flag :)
The Easter squirrel came to visit me! Haha I woke up this morning to Mike looking at me from the staircase and I was not very happy ahah. I was like "What are you looking at? That's creepy! Why are you dressed like that?" (He was wearing jeans and a sweat shirt because he went out the car to get the Easter candy he had bought me). Thanks Mike! You're the best!
We had the Fuller's (hehe I love saying that :) since Mike and Kisti have been married for 3 weeks) over for Easter dinner. Here is the beautiful table on which we engorged ourselves.
We also went on a tour of ESPN this weekend! It was cool. We will post pics soon.

6 comments:

Paul and Joni said...

Thats funny that we know your "don't take my picture face" now because we were looking at our pictures tonight, and you are making that exact face in the background...haha

Sara said...

The eggs are cute. The mouse is absolutely disgusting. Gah. Maybe the squirrel is in the mob and drowned the mouse over a money deal gone wrong...I can't believe you can't get out of the lease. Yuck. Shouldn't they at least fix the pest issues then?
Hope all the pests move out soon!

Jocelyn said...

The eggs are cute. Just document everything in the apartment like when you asked to fix it and how you ask. Put it in writing and then threaten to take them to court and see if they change the get out of lease. The key is to document. Good luck.

shannon j said...

That mouse is so sick!

Jen said...

So I guess you won't hear that squirrel under your bathtub anymore....

The Rupps said...

I loved your Easter Eggs. If I would have found that nasty mouse under my sink I would have said my favorite swear word. Holy Crap! YOu are way more brave than me.
I miss you!