Mike: One thing I have wanted to do since coming out to CT was to go to a Angels Red Sox game. I found some good tickets on Stubhub so Jen and I went. I was so excited to be able to see a game at Fenway, to enjoy the atmosphere and to hopefully see the Angels win! I love baseball and I love the Angels so it was a great experience, but I learned that there is no where like home! I know Angels stadium doesn't "compare" to Fenway, but it's home, and nothing compares to watching a game there.
Jen: Yes, I have become one of "those" bloggers. I am determined to be good again though! On Sept. 16th we ventured to Fenway Park to watch the Angels play the Red Sox. I had recently been to Wrigley field and loved the iconic ball park feel. I was hoping to feel this again at Fenway but unfortunately due to some drunk, obnoxious Red Sox fans, I give it two big thumbs down. I am still very happy and grateful that Mike took me though, just to get that out there.
Riding the T to the game.
Here we are just inside the gate. The atmosphere before the game was amazing, it's hard to explain how it felt - there was the laid back baseball feel, but there was a lot of energy as well.
Angels fans! There were quite a few of them at the game. We got excited whenever we saw other fans. We have the craziest story about meeting some Angels fans at the game. The guy on the right, Perry Parker, was chatting with us for a bit when we found out that he actually grew up in our beloved Tustin (or Mike's Santa Ana). He pretty much lived directly in between our parents, crazy. Then we find out he went to our high school (go Knights!). SO that's pretty random right? Right, but hold that thought.
Pre-game show. A fun band, and a guy on stilts juggling baseballs. This is all in the streets surrounding the stadium which actually turn into part of the stadium during the game.

Us with the green "monstah" in the background.
Now let's talk about the guy who took this picture. Where is he from? Tustin. Where did he go to high school? Ours. What year did he graduate? Same year as Perry Parker! They played basketball together and haven't seen each other since! Soooo crazy! We found out where man #2 was sitting and as we were walking to our seats we passed Perry Parker and told him all about it. Turns out they were sitting 2 sections apart from each other. We hope they reunited.
These are actually what some of the seats look like. They are cool because they are old, but terribly uncomfortable! They are on the right field line and face center field so if you want to watch the game you have your head turned the entire game.
Saunders.
Storm clouds over Fenway. Exactly what I like to see.
You know you're in New England when clam chowder is served at baseball games.


Storm clouds over Fenway. Exactly what I like to see.The game was going very well (we were winning and the fans weren't too obnoxious) until about the sixth inning. Then some of the fans around us got really drunk and really mean. We have to say that most of the Red Sox fans were awesome and apologized for the obnoxious fans, but a handful of guys made the rest of the game a terrible experience. The guy in the grey sweatshirt below was the main culprit. We won't get into the details, but Mike thought it would be a good idea to take a picture of the him because it would either 1) make him confused about why Mike was taking the picture, or 2) just get him more riled up. It did both. Because of him we have a very big dislike for the both the Red Sox and Red Sox fans. He reminded us in very colorful language that the Red Sox are the "comeback kids". He was partially right - the Red Sox did come back and win that night, a game the Angels shouldn't have lost.
Two words for this evil man who tainted our Fenway experience. BOO YAH! A mere three and a half weeks later the Red Sox weren't the "comeback kids" our friend claimed they were as the Angels swept the Red Sox and came from behind at Fenway to go onto the ALCS. I guess you could say this sweep, which has been long in the making made our tough loss all worth it.
Pre-game festivities.
Mike taping the previously mentioned Red Sox fan. I didn't want him to tape him and made him put the camera down.
Sweet Caroline! I was NOT singing at all, for the record. I was pretty much hating everything about the Red Sox and Fenway at this point haha.
4 comments:
What an experience!!! But go Angels! I too am a fan, even though I don't follow anything that they're doing. :)
That guy in the green shirt just LOOKS mean. I would have been tempted to accidentally spill my drink down his back. (And I really would, who's gonna beat up a pregnant lady?)
Leave it to you two to seek out two guys from Tusin, Cali in an entire stadium of people. Looks like fun!
Joni
GRAY shirt. Thats what I meant.
Joni
Glad you guys made it out alive, we'll have to live our Fenway experience through you guys :(
Paul
Post a Comment