FUN things have been happening around here lately! On June 6th, Mike celebrated being home from his mission for 10 years! Of course we had to eat dinner at a Guatemalan restaruant. We were lucky to find one! In early December the Quetzaltenango, Guatemala (where Mike served) temple will be dedicated. He is dying to go so we are still hoping for him to find some old companions/friends to accompany him. Rose and I are extremely grateful for his missionary service! He continues to share the Gospel with others and is a great example to me. We love you, Mike!

We went to dinner kind of late so Rose was a little tired/fussy. We were the only people in the restaurant so our waitress asked if she could hold Rose while we ate. It was pretty funny! Almost like we were on a date or something ;)Our Stake held its 1st annual 5k a couple of weeks back! I ran with a few friends. It was a fairly unpleasant awakening to how out of shape I am.
AND our dear friend Andrew Church came back from Iraq! He was at Fort Lewis for a few days so we drove out to see him. I probably hadn't seen in since our wedding so it was great to catch up.
Last Friday morning, Rose taught herself to clap! This is literally minutes after she figured it out. Its so cute how she keeps looking at her hands.
This is Rose's one and only step! Can you tell how excited I was by my screaming at the end? Ha. I have a feeling that she will start walking while we are in CT...after Mike leaves ;)


4 comments:
Rose is growing up so fast! And I really love that picture of her with Church--sooo cute! :)
Rose is so adorable!! Lets plan a play date!
What a little beauty!!! You guys are headed to ct?? How fun Scott and I want to get back to nj sometime soon and if we do we want to drive up to see old friends:) good times in ct:) we miss everyone!
I forgot that Mike and I (Summer) came home on the same day! what a great 10 years it has been. :) We celebrated by making tamalitos, black beans, and Guatemalan Enchiladas - sooooo delish! Your little Rose is such a cutie!
Post a Comment