Last weekend I competed participated in an aquathon on Mercer Island. What is an aquathon, you ask? Just a swim and a run...so a triathlon without the bike! It was an awesome experience and I'm really proud of myself for doing it.
The swim was about a half mile and I was one of about 5 people who didn't have a wet suit on which was pretty intimidating to me but I noticed a group of 3 girls who also didn't have wet suits so I befriended them and it made me feel so much better! The water was seriously amazing though...probably about 70 degrees, so take that wetsuits.
All of the pictures of me were quite unflattering so I'm not posting them! Team no wet suit!
I did really well in the swim...especially for only swimming once a week. The run was a 5k and I did shockingly well for how slow I am. *note: I am not being modest. I am dang slow (ask Mike).
Mike has been so supportive these past few weeks that I've been training! He has watched the girls tons and motivated me to get my workouts in. Next year I'm planning on doing the Long Course event (1 mile swim/10k)!

5 comments:
good job girl!! i am the worst swimmer...i think i would literally die in that kind of race.
dude, seriously -- way to go! you are awesome!!!
great job! i have never even heard of this before! the bike part of a triathlon has always kept me away. but this i would love to try. so fun! you look great!
You go girl!
Go Jen!! I am so proud of you!
Post a Comment