Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tri-ing it.

On August 24th, I tackled my first triathlon.  I wanted to start with the sprint distance because it was my first one but as expected, the swim was a little (or a lot) to short for me.  It was really fun though and I think I might be a little bit hooked!  I definitely need some biking lessons!

I trained with my partner in crime Megan.  We were simultaneously training for a half marathon (which I wasn't able to do because of our move- but Meg's rocked it) so we were working out a ton!  We were tirreeeeddd but felt really good about ourselves ha.  Here is one day after a 9 mile run in ridiculous humidity.  We also happened to be matching, which is awesome. 

Here's one of our bike training rides.  We mainly hit the spin bikes at the gym but decided to do our race route twice, one of which Megan did completely with flat tires and both of which I did on a mountain/hybrid bike.  They were not pretty!  Megs went on the hunt to find me a road bike, which I got the night before the race.
This was our first training swim.  Megan is a seriously good swimmer that's not a swimmer...if that makes sense.  She was amazing at putting up with/completing my sets.  
Pre race hotties.  Apparently we like this pose.
Ah!  There's me on the bike!  I love this picture because it makes me look like I might have an idea of what I'm doing.  Not to be confused with the fact that I had never ever been on a road bike before and it was lightly raining on the roads which made me super nervous...and the fact that it just took me 55 minutes to ride 14 miles.  
I accidentally deleted the video of my finish :(.  I was really really happy with my time!  1:35 (400 yard swim, 14 mi bike, 3.2 mi run).  I did really well on the swim and run so that made me happy.  But like I said, when I do it again, I need some serious bike help.

I couldn't done it without Mike's support!  He also had to wake up the girls and dress/feed them for a 7am start time!


Thanks for doing it with me Megs!  Next time I'll do an olympic!

3 comments:

Mom-entarily Out of Order said...

Fun! BTW it's time for you to come home. Isn't Mike tired of his new job yet?????

Chadwick and Julie said...

You're my hero! Well done, Jen!!

Hayley said...

wow wow wow! Very cool! You are amazing!