Friday, November 13, 2009

Boston

Disclaimer: I am posting this from work so check back later for pics that Mike might want to add. I just can't look at my neglected blog anymore so I wanted to get this up!

The last adventure with Mom and Dad was to the Boston Area. We went to Quincy, Cambridge, Lexington, Concord, and Boston. We saw some awesome stuff.

This is the home John Adams was raised in. After reading the book John Adams this past summer I am still obsessing over him, and the book so I was in Heaven.
Mike, the piper.
"It is but the farm of a Patriot." JA, I love you.
The gardens at John and Abigail's home, Peacefield.
Peacefield.

Us outside of John Quincy's library. A seperate library from your house...so awesome.
Abigail's rose bush.
In the Adams church in downtown Quincy.
I went to the Adams graves when I was in 5th grave and I remembered it perfectly. It was a little hard to get a good picture because the room is kinda small.
After Quincy, we went to Cambridge and walked around Harvard. I liked these colorful chairs.
Car Talk!
Harvard Yard.
This is a pic from Minute Man National Park. They have a cool vistor's center there with an awesome video about the battle at Lexington and Conord and the start of the Revolution.
Papa Barnes and I like to imagine that this was a wall built by the soliders. Who knows though.

Isn't he cute? And yes, he was forced to take these pics.
The sun was reflecting off of my skin.
Some sweet red coats and a fine patriot ha.
FIRE!

The momument at the spot of the shot heard round the world.
A view of the Merrimac.
After that we headed to Boston...here are our pics in no order.
I love the North End of Boston!
Papa Barnes and Mike represent! Mike probably told that kid behind him that he was taking a pictures like three times but the kid didn't budge.
Haha it looks like the lady is going to rip the pigeon off of her head.
A pulpit to preach to the street. Pretty awesome.


A war memorial that I have always wanted to photograph with my moms camera.

Us at the Old North Church.
We did get in lots of good eating while Mom and Dad were here.
These guys were silly but it was still cool to see.


I know I change my mind a lot but I still officially think that my favorite city is Boston. Because I am my mother's daughter, I have always loved American history. I would love to read more books about it before we leave here and then go and visit those places. Lexington and Concord was awesome to visit, as well as the John Adams stuff. I just can't believe the sacrifices that people made to make this country what it is. I think I say this quite a bit but my favorite song isn't "Proud to Be an American" for nothing ;)

We were so grateful that Mom and Dad came out to visit us! I think that they've changed their rules of visits only for babies and graduations just a tad for us! We had so much fun with you guys and we love you!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Oh man! I am so Jealous! I never did make it to Boston and I am so sad about it! I am glad you guys had so much fun! Hey and congrats MIke! It is so cool that they published your paper in the New York Times!