Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Very Adventurous Day

YES YES ROSE IS ONE! I had this post ready and needed to get it published before I post her bday pics.

When its sunny here, you must take full advantage of the day (especially if its a saturday).

This is a side note to the adventurous day but a few days earlier I found this chocolate bar mysteriously eaten in the pantry. I had a hunch of who the culprit might be...
So then I set the bait...and she took it!
Its all fun and game until someone eats the foil...


I started the morning by going a hike with the Relief Society. Afterwards we rushed to the Issaquah farmers market to meet some friends. Mike got some lunch which he really enjoyed.

After the farmers market, we headed to Kirkland to meet one of Mike's co-workers to take a ride on his boat. Rose got sunscreened up.
We had to buy her a little life jacket and we had some difficulty figuring out how it fit.
But when we got it, it was the most adorable thing we've ever seen.
This is about 30 seconds into the boat ride. Sound. Asleep.

We laid her down for a minute while we jumped in the water, which was amazing by the way.
After swimming we ate some snacks.
And Rose was really happy!

First family boat ride=success.

As if we could fit more into this day, there was a car show nearby so we checked it out.



This is Mike reenacting a picture he took at a car show in Spokane years ago but I don't have the pic on this computer so I can't show it to you. West coast, best coast.
After we got home and put Rose to bed, Mike ate some peaches (his favorite thing in the world) and I finally agreed to watch Three Amgios with him...which lasted about 10 minutes before we both fell asleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously!! I am laughing so hard right now!! I love rose! That life jacket picture is the best!!! What a fun day!! Glad to hear you had some sun! Yeah! Miss ya! Xoxo

Shannon J said...

Those sandwiches are the bomb!

lyndsey said...

sooo just stalking you after i found your blog through megan's... hope you don't mind :) that life jacket is hilarious, rose looks like she loves it. hopefully we can reunite our little titanic namesakes again soon!

Kristen said...

I love that you set up a trap to catch your baby eating chocolate! She is so precious and that pic of her with the candy bar is a classic.